Joseph Brant Day Festival - Pan Am/Parapan Am Games
JOSEPH BRANT DAY FESTIVAL 2015 PAN AM GAMES CELEBRATION!
Civic Holiday Monday August 3rd
At Historic Lasalle Park, 50 Northshore Blvd. Phone: 905.634.3556
This year, The Joseph Brant Day Festival is an official partner of the Toronto 2015 Pan Am/ Parapan Am Games. Come out and see the captivating Beshano Bike Trials coming all the way from Montreal, take part in the Maple Leaf Entertainment Mobile Fan zone, visit sports clubs, participate in themed activities alongside various music, art and cultural performances of the “Americas” including dancers, singers and bands!
· Beshano Bike Trials – 3 shows complete with incredible bicycle stuntmanship!
(1:00pm), (2:00pm), (3:00pm)
· Opening Ceremonies with the Knights of Columbus, special guests and the Burlington Town Crier (11:00am)
· White Pine First Nations Drum and Dance! (11:30am)
· Musicians from the official band of the Toronto FC Major League Soccer accompanying dancers choreographed by the dance instructor and performer who opens the Mas Band launches for Carnival! (12:15pm)
· Dancescapes Studio with Salsa and Latin dance demonstrations and lessons! (1:30pm)
· Andre & The J-Tones Rhythm & Blues Experience..rhythm with a 5 piece horn section with music by Andre Bisson, Wilson Pickett, Otis Redding, The Blues Brothers and so much more! (2:30pm)
· Saúl Torres has emerged as one of the most singular talents of Spanish Rock on the continent, capable of seamlessly tying together Latin, Funk, Rock, and Flamenco! (3:45pm)
· Farrucas - a Latin Fusion Duo of Laura Spada and Jorge Cuama hailing from Ecuador! (various times)
· Hamilton Hoppers skipping demonstrations (various times)
AND AN APPREARANCE BY an official Torch Bearer of the Pan Am Games and an up-and-coming Hurdler in Track and Field!
ACTIVITIES ALL DAY: Children’s Area, Museum Educational Crafts & Activities, Giveaways, PanAm Sports Challenges, Games and Obstacles, Interactive participants including: Crossfit Altitude, Oakville Fencing Academy, Burlington Youth Soccer Club, Monkeynastic Gymnastics, Bradbury, Splitsville Entertainment & Better State Crew! Splash Park for Kids available, Hands-on Activities, Artisans and Vendors, the Famous Brant Day Silent Auction and many other attractions.
For the first time, the event boasts a food truck rally with delicious offerings from gourmet food trucks! LUCHADOR - Mexican Fusion / International Cuisine DOBRO JESTI - Slovenian / German-inspired Cuisine NUDULZ - Italian Food MANGO CHUTNEY - Indian Food URBAN EXPRESS- North American & European-style Steakery CAFE DU MONDE - French-Parisian & International Crepes PAPPAS GREEK—Greek Food TROPICAL TEMPTATIONS –Premium drinks & desserts
Shuttles will be available to transport visitors from Aldershot
Station once limited onsite parking at LaSalle Park is filled.
Joseph Brant Day is the regionally recognized annual festival put on by the Museums of Burlington that invites the public to come out and celebrate the city we live in, the history of our various cultures and this year the spirit of the Americas through the PanAm Games.
For more information on this exciting event, contact:
Sylvia Hentz ~ Special Events Programmer
Museums of Burlington
Return to Events